While we don’t offer professional grooming services for dogs, our practice is equipped with a hydrobath. Our standard wash uses products that aid in the control of fleas and ticks (we recommend that you still use adjunctive products and check your dog regularly). We are happy to discuss alternative treatments with you, and tailor the bath to your dog’s needs. It’s important to note that we do not offer a drying service, so please remember to bring a towel so we can give your dog/s a rub-down before they go home!
We can also help with cat grooming. Cats can be difficult to groom and our long-haired feline friends can develop knots that are very difficult to remove. Many cats require sedation for this procedure. We are happy to clip your cat under sedation, or work in conjunction with professional cat clippers that you may privately-organise to attend the clinic.
Please call us on 07 5494 3622 to make a grooming appointment for your pet.
Grooming at Home
We encourage you to also engage in regular grooming with your pet at home. There are numerous benefits of regular grooming, for example:
- Decreased chance of skin problems
- Optimal skin cleanliness and comfort for you and your pet
- Improved monitoring of health issues like cuts, heat, swelling, lameness or changes in temperament
- Enhanced behavioural routines with obedient submission during grooming periods
- Closer bonding with your pet through regular contact