Maleny Veterinary Services is committed to the welfare of the animals within our district, and their owners. We maintain regular opening hours of 8:30am to 5:30pm, seven days a week (including most public holidays) because we want to ensure pets and livestock have daily access to our skilled veterinarians.
To complement our 7-day model, our team also operate an after-hours emergency tele-health service. Please note, we kindly ask our clients to ensure they only phone the after-hours service for true emergency situations (read more on this below) as after-hours tele-health consultations may incur a fee. This fee will need to be paid over the phone via credit card, or at the time of treatment if the situation requires a call-out/in-person consultation.
- Tele-health consultation between 5:30pm and 10:00pm – $50 tele-health fee, plus $180 call-out fee if an in-person consult/treatment is then required.
- Tele-health consultation between 10:00pm and 6:00am – $80 tele-health fee, plus $220 call-out fee if an in-person consult/treatment is then required.
- Farm visit 5:30pm and 10:00pm – $300 plus travel (tele-health fee included).
- Farm visit between 10:00pm and 6:00am – $350 plus travel (tele-health fee included).
- If your animal is experiencing an emergency call 07 5494 3622.
- You will need to Press 1 to consent to pay a tele-health consultation fee over the phone as described above so please have your credit card handy. If you do not have a credit card, please discuss this with the vet.
- Once connected to the on-call vet, you will need to be able to provide a thorough description of the symptoms, and may be asked to send through photos/videos (if relevant).
- The vet will determine if an in-person visit is required, and explain the various causes/scenarios with you.
Frequently Asked Questions